New Contact Email

adambrickley.brickyard@blogspot.com

Saturday, May 26, 2007

89% Approval Rating for Palin!

If you thought that Gov. Palin's approval ratings couldn't get any higher, you were wrong.

Last month, I posted polls showing the Governor with record-shattering approval, ranging between 73% and 83%. I used words like "amazing" to describe those numbers, but I think that I am going to have to start using even stronger terms after seeing this recent poll from Ivan Moore Research...it shows Palin with a ridiculously high approval rating of 89%! And this is at a time when many other major figures in Alaska are tanking in the polls because of alleged involvement in a bribery/extortion scandal.

If you who still think I'm crazy for promoting Palin as a potential VP, then I'd like you to give me one good reason why whoever wins the GOP nomination shouldn't consider her as a running mate. She has passed more significant legislation ("AGIA" and ethics reform) in one term than many governors can pass in eight years, so the "she has no experience" line is quickly being shredded; and these new approval numbers show that she is more than capable of winning the hearts and minds of voters.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

JB said...

Alaska is beginning to remind me more and more of Alberta. We've had, since our inception in 1905, a tendency to vote in huge majority governments and then, when we get tired of them, dump them en masse for a new party. Either 80% of the province hates a Premier or 80% loves him. It's not just interesting politically; it shows a unified culture. Of course, in Alberta, we're getting so much in-migration that that's changing...I wonder if the same will happen in Alaska.